Business owners will often ask, “How can I get my business seen by more people online?” or “How do I appear higher on Google searches?” The answer is Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
Does your business want to promote its online content to a bigger audience? If so, this blog is perfect for you! We aim to show those new to content marketing and SEO, how to use search engine optimisation and to outline specific techniques to help improve your website’s search engine rankings.
What is SEO?
Search engine optimisation is a process of improving search results online. The aim for companies is to get a website to rank as high as possible in Google searches (other search engines are available!) so more people are likely to see it. To achieve this, the focus must be on the content you produce, and the structure and design of your website. There will be many different techniques your website will rely on to improve SEO.
Things you will need to know to become an SEO expert:
You will need to know about search engines and how they work in order to work on the SEO of a website. All websites are regularly indexed by Google and there are a number of technical SEO tasks that can make it easier for Google to do this, and therefore improve your search engine rankings. Include lots of relevant keywords and keep the layout clean. Use lots of clear headings, interesting text, relevant photographs, and ensure a smooth customer experience. This will help to improve your website’s SEO.
SEO Top Tips:
To achieve the best organic ranking for SEO, here are some tips and techniques that will help you to succeed.
1. Understand your competition: To be able to achieve the highest ranking, research will have to be done into your competition to find out what you are competing with, so you can create superior content.
2. Key word research: SEO ranks websites based on words that relate to the search that has been made. Consider what kinds of questions your target audience might be typing into Google. Make sure to add detailed descriptions and add the key words that apply to you, as often as possible in your website. Make sure it’s readable though – don’t just cram them in!
3. Produce content regularly: The indexing of your website will be focused on the more recent and relevant pieces of web content that have been produced, so remember to keep your audience engaged and post as often as you can! A good way to do this is by creating a blog section.
4. Enable your site to be user friendly: The amount of time spent on a website, and number of pages viewed can improve SEO. Therefore, it is important that your website is engaging and user friendly! Use internal links at the end of each page to guide readers to other relevant content.
5. Social media marketing: Everyone spends time on social media, whether that is browsing Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or watching YouTube. Nowadays, people spend a lot of their time on these platforms. Include links to your website in social media posts to direct more people to your website.
6. Be Mobile-friendly: Mobile browsing is more popular than ever and are used frequently to view websites. (90% of social media is viewed on mobile) Because of this, you should make sure that your website is mobile-friendly.
If you would like to know more about SEO, please contact our social media team on 01925 635863 or email us at – firstname.lastname@example.org